FIRST DEADLINE: 29 OCTOBER 2020.
SECOND DEADLINE: 23 JUNE 2021.
For large-scale projects requiring more than 7,5 million EUROS.
The Innovation Fund is one of the world’s largest funding programmes for the demonstration of innovative low-carbon technologies. The Innovation Fund is endowed with 450 million euros to which the unallocated funds from the NER 300 Programme will be added. Thus, for the period 2020-2030, the fund could amount to some €10 billion depending on the carbon price.
Applications for the large-scale projects call are divided into two stages: the first is until 29 October 2020 and will be made through the Funding and Tenders Portal; the second one, until 23 June 2021.
Fund aims to finance a varied project pipeline achieving an optimal balance of a wide range of innovative technologies. Among the main objectives of the Innovation Fund are the following:
– To create clean and renewable energy projects in intensive industries.
– To share economic risks: this grant covers up to 60% of capital and operating costs.
– To provide support in a flexible way.
– To simplify the selection process application.
– To strengthen collaboration with other European projects.
Two informative webinars have been planned. In the first one, held on 14 July 2020, the first stage of the application (step by step) was discussed. The second will be held on 15 September 2020 and will deal with GHG emissions avoidance and FAQs.
This call is aimed at large-scale projects (over €7,5 million) in the following sectors:
- Renewable energies
- Energy intensive industries, including carbon capture, storage and use (CCU and CSS)
- Energy storage
- Substitute products and cross-cutting projects
For more information, please contact The Finnova Foundation:
- Adrián Noheda | Director of the Open Innovation Hub email@example.com Tel: +34 677 86 55 47