StartUp Europe Awards Alliance counts on a new member: Digital African Woman. This startups awards is the first startups awards organiser from Belgium joining the Alliance. That means that, their winners will go through the next phase of the StartUp Europe Awards.
“The Digital African Woman” is an initiative to open up a dialogue that slowly tackles the challenge of inequality and empower women globally through technology. “The Digital African Woman” aims to introduce and create an atmosphere where women of Africa, diaspora and beyond can learn, engage and become empowered to participate more actively within their respective societies. This program addresses issues ranging from tech career and entrepreneurship, to self-esteem, and gender equality. They aim to not only create an atmosphere that promotes eventual growth and empowerment, but also seek to draw out already accomplished women in Diaspora to give support and insights that will grow the community of women in tech and entrepreneurship; while developing an active ecosystem with excellent networks to provide a push for other women on jump starting a tech career or business move.
#DAW2016 will launch in Brussels, Belgium, with free online business training for selected female led startups from June -Sept, and culminate in a 2 day event on September 21-22nd 2016. #DAW provides the opportunity for aspiring tech entrepreneurs to learn, engage and develop their entrepreneurship skills with immersive training while maximizing the power and use of technology. They bridge the gap between investors, corporates and these promising tech startups, by:
1. Providing access to funding, specialized training, and Acceleration.
2. Providing an ecosystem supported by our top network partners.
3. Providing world-class training, business mentoring on ideation, team development and value propositioning through our top MIT master trainer and developers.
4. Providing personalized development opportunities to our top 10 selected teams of excellent entrepreneurs globally through our Startup boot camp, pitch challenge and Accelerator.
5. We also provide ongoing business development training including access to mobile technologies and enterprise technology through our EAMI Global mentorship platform & tech sponsor networks.