Brussels, 6th February 2017 – Microsoft organised an event to give a better insight of the help entrepreneurs can have. This event was an opportunity to have an understanding of how entrepreneurs can reach success.
The program of the day was as follows:
* 09:00 – 09:30 Welcome coffee
* 09:30 – 09:40 John Frank, Vice-President, EU Government Affairs, Microsoft
* 09:40 – 09:50 Peteris Zilgalvis, Head of Unit, Startups and Innovation, Digital Single Market Directorate, DG CONNECT
* 09:50 – 10:00 Igor Tasic, Founder and CEO of Startup Europe Week
* 10:00 – 10:20 Fireside chat with Andrus Ansip, Vice President of the European Commission and Alex Barrera, Cofounder Tech.eu
* 10:20 – 11:00 Fireside chat with Adina Valean, Chairwomen of the Committee for Environment, Public Health and Food Safety (ENVI) at the European Parliament and Alex Barrera, Cofounder Tech.eu
* 11:00 – 11:30 Roundtable discussion on the importance to connect ecosystems across Europe: Karen Boers, Cofounder startups.be and Emilio Corchado, CEO Startup Ole
* 11:30 – 11:45 Live connection with cities across Europe where Startup Europe Week event is happening simultaneously (such as Venice)
* 11:45 – 12:00 Chosing remarks by Isidro Laso, Head of startups and scaleups DG CONNECT, European Commission
* 12:00 – 13:00 Networking lunch
In fact, the success is based on many criterias startups don’t always have, such as getting the necessary fundings, being in contact with people that are well connected, finding out what they really need… “The success of many actions are based on people” said Emilio Corchado, CEO of Startup Ole. It is important to know the source of our failures and how to avoid making them again.
The Head of startups and scaleups (DG CONNECT, European Commission) Isidro Laso said their aim is to connect all local systems to an international level. Many times startups aren’t connected to municipality and this is a problem to solve at local level to reach success.